Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Top 12 Foods to Add to Your Diet!

Breakfast looks a lot different these days in our home than it used to look. For example, me and the baby shared 1 small shredded zucchini and 1/4 Mayan Sweet onion shredded and cooked in a heaping tablespoon of coconut oil. It was filling and very healthy! I am really relying on cookbooks to get me thinking outside the box that I've been in for so long and one good book/cookbook I like is "The Candida Albican Yeast-Free Cookbook". This type of diet is intended to starve the bad yeast in our bodies by not eating what they feed on, gluten, lactose, sugar, mushrooms, vinegars, etc... In this book is a list of the top super-foods to include in our diets because most of them are naturally antifungal and will kill the candida. (The list below is taken from the book) Just a tip...these foods are good for anyone who is sick with colds and flu too! These ingredients will give you a "natural healing diet" that is very nourishing. 1. Avacado - contains antifungal fatty acids and is a sugar-free fruit 2. Fresh basil - contains antifungal volatile oils 3. Grass fed beef - contains curative factors of selenium & amino acids 4. Chicken broth - supplies amino acids that help the body detoxify and is a good medium for garlic intake - take the time to read the article "Broth is Beautiful" by Sally Fallon 5. Cumin - antifungal essential oils 6. Garlic - natural antifungal agent 7. Horseradish - antiseptic enzymes and oils 8. Onion - antifungal and provides sulfur 9. Ginger root - antiseptic enzymes and oils 10. Oregano - potent antifungal activity due to antimicrobial volatile oils 11. Radishes - provide selenium, sulfur and antibiotics 12. Yogurt - providing probiotics to nourish the good gut bacteria I will add to the author's list: 13. Coconut oil- contains lauric acid which is recognized for its antibacterial, antiviral and antiprotozoal functions. I am in Phase 1 of the Whole Approach program which uses Capryllic Acid (from coconut) to kill the yeast. I make sure to include it in my baby's diet because those good fats benefit her brain development among other things! If you are unfamiliar with the health benefits of coconut oil read about it on a website called The Coconut Research Center.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see this blog, I sincerely hope that you continue to post your families progress, it looks like you've been doing it for a while now, I'm curious how you are all holding up? Are you on phase 2 now? I've been flirting with starting the BED myself and have been starving for information from 'real' people who have done it. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any tips on the coconut oil and what it tastes like. Does it have a very strong coconut taste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mariah. I am now on BED to try to resolve my digestive and skin issues. So far I am doing so much better and have lost 15lbs!

    ReplyDelete